August 25, 2007

Knitted Chemo Caps

I like to knit in front of the TV or as a passenger in a car because I can produce without looking at my work. Last night I finished another chemo cap. I've been making these for one year now. The initial 15 caps were made during the month of July 2006 when we were having a heat wave. Our central air conditioner was broken and it made the upstairs sewing room unbearable. Mum-in-law took the caps to American Cancer Society where she counsels patients. Since then, a few more caps have gone to those in need, but a good number are temporarily stockpiled. My chemo caps are made from Red Heart acrylic yarn and the pattern is easy to follow. I have never thought of myself as a knitter, but here I am, knitting blindly.

My pal Nancy and I spent the day at the San Diego Quilt Show. There were many quilts to drool over, esp Julie Hocking's "A Little Crazy" quilt (11"x13") which had exquisite embroidery. After looking at 500+ quilts, dolls and clothing, we itched for the vendor mall. My favorite booth is Pamela Hastings' Treasures of the Gypsy. I signed up for her Fabric of the Month packets. Ooh, the idea of receiving a selection of her luciously rich textiles, trims and embellishments in the mail just thrills me!

No comments: