September 7, 2007

Bits and Pieces

You know those days where you didn't feel like you got anything done but actually accomplished a lot?  That would describe my Friday.  On the back of a quilt I sewed a hanging sleeve, added a little patch with my name and the date, and washed it.  Oh brothers, did it bleed.  Thank goodness big sis Nancy told me about those magical fabric sheets that go into the wash to soak up all the loose dye.  While watching Memoirs of a Geisha for the zillionth time, I finished a pink chemo cap.

My first monthly fabric pack was in today's mail from Treasures of the Gypsy.  It was difficult not to run into the house to open the envelope, in order to savor the impending surprise.  This set is called "Gypsy Mermaid" and the fabrics, beads and trim are shimmering deep browns and rich watery teal.  Oh boy, a package like this coming each month!  Remember when you got your first subscription to Highlights for Children?  That's how this feels.

Tien and I have been talking about taking a road trip to New Mexico where there are a lot of artists.  In fact, Treasures of the Gypsy is based in NM.  Inside Pamela's envelope was another surprise: a brochure for
NM Fiber Arts Trails.  What a find; no research necessary -- just follow the yellow brick road.

No comments: