December 1, 2007

Am I Done Yet?

Almost!  Sunday is a sewing day in prep for the Carmel Valley Artists Show & Sale to be held Saturday, December 8th (check website for a map!).  I'll be stitching up a little storm of small pillows.  This group was inspired by nioi bukuro which were tiny gourd shaped sachets meant for tucking into kimono.

When done with sewing, I've got a few things on my mind:
* tidy up the garden
* read a book
* knit a goes-with-everything black sweater
* catch up on National Geographic magazines
* make a Christmas tree
* online Christmas shopping
* plan holiday party for girlfriends

When can I start?  Soon!  There are also textile-related magazines piling up over the past few months.  Everyone's life should be so full (or not).  Economist John Kenneth Galbraith said, "Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy day."  I love the rain -- esp when I'm in my sewing room.  :-)

No comments: