February 29, 2008

Leap Year Sewing Day!

How often do I get an extra day to sew?  Every four years!  In second grade I knew this boy named Philip who was born on 29 Feb.  On his eighth or, poor kid, 2nd real birthday, his dad brought Baskin Robbins ice cream clowns for each child in our class.  I'll never forget what a treat that was.  We ran into each other as adults and, when reminiscing, he hadn't forgotten the event either.

Now that I can see the red waistband against the printed apron, the horizontal checkered stripe doesn't bother me.  The red is strong and the checkered ties will be cute when everything is sewn together.  It's only pinned for the photo.

I got my little car back from the shop this morning.  Ahh, much better now.  After breaking down for the first time ever, a proper bath was in order to make everything right.  It took me 2.5 hours, but that's what I get for neglecting my ride for nearly six months.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I like this !!! The red waistband/tie makes it look rich!