March 1, 2008

Accompaniment by Van Cliburn

The radio broadcasted an interview with pianist Van Cliburn. The artist closed with "You feel like you're alone and the world's asleep, and it's very inspiring. I was never really the type that needed the stage. I love music. I love listening to it. But when you just listen, you can be 100 percent; when you have to serve music, you must be thinking of others, not yourself." This describes how creativity blooms for me too. The icing on my cake is that customers buy things that I sew, allowing me to create and sew more. If you have a chance, listen to Van Cliburn play Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1, "Allegro non troppo" (first movement) recorded at Carnegie Hall on May 30, 1958. I'll be listening to his music all day while I sew.

No comments: