March 27, 2008

Au Revoir

Some things are just so amazing to me that I have to share. This is an Compression Sac filled with 8 tees, 1 sweater, 2 skirts, 3 pants, and sleepwear. With all the air squeezed out, it's only about 4" thick -- there is space remaining in my luggage for two of these. Ingenious, yes!

The skirt I cut out yesterday is in there. The waist and hips were fitted on my mannequin and, voilĂ , made-to-order and easier than I thought. Becauuse I didn't wash the fabric first, excess dye made my fingertips slightly black. Normally, I launder or dry clean fabrics prior to sewing, but with polyester, I didn't think it would matter. Now we know.

I will be absent for three weeks, returning mid-April with LOTS of things to share from France and Italy. Ciao!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Bon Voyage My Friend!