March 5, 2008

Ooh, This Is Fun!

I cut into the painted fabric. It was hard not to be too precise because, well, that's how I do things, but I was daring for a change. There are no instructions when making it up as I go along, so these are coming together by themselves. The brown stick is her backbone, and will extend upwards into her head. My pal Nancy gives me the extra edges from her quilt projects and I knew, eventually, I'd find a use. Some of it was cut into bits and pieces to stuff into the painted body.

This phallus is the doll body with imagined-legs. Little feet will go at the bottom, but I don't know how yet. The spine-stick is secured in place.

Once I got the arms onto the phallus, a thrill went through my shoulders! That's because I'm not thinking too hard about this process, following where it takes me, AND it's working. Two took shape. I prefer the one with legs. How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. I'm single.. which one do you think

Anonymous said...

Walking is over-rated. I prefer the one without legs!