March 24, 2008

Stockinette Stitch

My knitting is boring, sort of. Mindless knitting means fancy stitch-work doesn't occur, which is okay with me. In fact, I love the smoothness of stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row; repeat). I knit to be productive while watching TV, as a passenger in a car or waiting in a reception area. Busy hands are happy hands, you know. I just got through telling my cousin Jodie that I can't purl without looking at the needles. Then just yesterday while watching a movie I realized I was purling with my eyes on the screen! This is a new project, a scarf for Tien, in Plymouth Yarn's Fantasy Naturale blue cotton and Berocco's Softwist wool/rayon. Both feel like cotton, so I hope he doesn't find it to be itchy.

There was whistling outside our window and it turned out to be a pair of Mourning Doves flying between rooftops and our fence. I wonder if it was their egg that crash-landed on our doorstep?

No comments: