July 27, 2008

More Bag Journals

I made two more paper bag books. I'm hoping to give them to my brother Russ and sis-in-law Adriana while they are in town for Comic-Con, but I don't know if I'll get to see them. Hopefully they will clean their paint brushes on the pages before rinsing, or maybe even pour the rinse water over the pages -- why let paint go down the drain when it could be on paper? I'd love to see the books after a few years.

My sis-in-law is Supervisor of Background Color on the long-running program "King of the Hill." Check out her blog and her MySpace page. Ya think we have enough creativity in this family?! Very cool!

Bags were taken apart, then torn with a bone folder to uniform size. Pages were thoroughly soaked in water, then squeezed out ...

... and hung outside to dry ...

...then brought in for ironing ...

... sorted into two piles, then each pile was divided into two signatures (sections) for binding with purple waxed linen cord and size 8 purple beads ...

... finished and ready to paint! I love making these.

Four more catnip quilts were completed. Magellan thinks they are for him.

No comments: