September 2, 2008

Art for Purse Hooks

In the prior post, the orientation of this piece was different. It turned out to be a small garden. Don't ask me what the blue represents -- maybe it's the side view of a mohawk hairdo.

Here are the new ones. As shown, I used my new needle felting machine with these. You can see I've got trees on the brain too.




Mom was asking about the new machine, so here are some close-ups of the Baby Lock Embellisher. Orange wool roving is manuevered under the clear protective guard where the 7 felting needles are. The needles go up/down to mesh the fibers.

The center of this roving sample shows the effect the barbed needles have on fibers. See how tightly bunched the center is as compared to the ends.

Eventually, all the fibers are meshed and the piece becomes dense and smaller.

Here's where I've left off. By the next post, I will have figured out where this stitchery has led me to.

1 comment:

MichelleMermaid said...

"Don't ask me what the blue represents -- maybe it's the side view of a mohawk hairdo."

It's blue cactus!
Love it!

btw...never even heard of a needle felter...thanks for explaining!