After adding a blue star to the center of the white flower, the piece looked more balanced. The outer circle of the flower needed to be brought in a bit, so more stitches were added, each with a white bead.
These ribbon flowers were done using the same technique as for basket embellishments, but they went together faster because finished-edge ribbons v. raw-edged kimono silk means I get to skip a step.
I've been resisting change but finally took the plunge to alter my monitor settings to Large Fonts (mind you, not Extra Large Fonts!). At first I was worried I would feel old (which I did), but once I could see the diff, it eased the strain so much that I didn't care. Four months ago Lasik took away near vision but gave me distance -- not very useful to someone who stitches and is on the computer a lot, but I'm adjusting. Sometimes threading a needle is challenging! While healing continues, vision still changes a bit, but I'm still glad I did it.