September 30, 2008

Under the Big Top

I did it, I broke down and bought a tent. Although I have been selling my art at shows for a several years, the purchase of the de riguer 10' x 10' white canopy helps us look as professional as we hope our art does. More importantly, it keeps us and our textile goods shielded from UV rays under which we will be standing for two days come October 18-19 at Bernardo Winery.

You remember these, right? They weren't so fancy when I was a kid. Some were just wooden spools with four nails which served the same purpose. An idea is coming and, while that forms, the knitted cord keeps getting longer and longer -- it's over two yards now.

Is it live ... or is it Memorex?! In case you haven't seen it yet, this isn't Sarah Palin and Katie Couric; it's Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and it's hilarious. I can't wait til the VP debate on Thursday -- it'll be Saturday Night Live three days early.

No comments: