October 27, 2008

Getting To Know You

Kasey is my maternal second cousin -- our grandfathers were brothers. The last time we saw each other she was a 2nd grader. Now she is working on her master's degree in kinesiology at Cal Poly and working as a physical therapy aide. We've been in touch in recent years due to genealogy work I've done for our family. Kasey is delightful, independent, thoughtful, beautiful, responsible and has a good head on her shoulders. She seems clear about what she does/doesn't know -- wish I was that smart at her age! We had a wonderful day getting reacquainted and learning about each other - the time flew. I'm sure we'll see each other again. (Mom, Jac & Jo, don't you think she has Reuben's eyes?!)

We had lunch at the touristy Embarcadero, but heavy fog obliterated Morro Rock and most of the scenery. Afterwards, Kasey and I headed towards the noise to find these fat sea lions hanging out.

One particularly hefty animal jumped out of the water to find a resting spot, but it landed on top of the others causing them all to bark with great annoyance.

1 comment:

Morna said...

Love this photo! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. We lived in Los Gatos for ten years, so I miss that fog!