October 22, 2008

Rise and Shine

I've never been good at mornings, but somehow managed to awaken at 7:30a to sew this top for my niece Natalie. It's the upper half of her mermaid costume. Initially, Natty didn't think mermaids had seaweed in their hair (stringy-thing on the left), but was willing to reconsider since mermaids live in the sea. One thing is certain: sewing stretch fabrics is not my forte. I guess I'd get better at it if I did it more often.

These are intended for purse hooks. They'll be embellished with embroidery, beads, ribbon and silk. I just LOVE using my felting machine!

2 comments:

Morna said...

Please - what are purse hooks? Do you have pictures showing the finished product? I'd love to see!

Lauren said...

hi morna, thank you for reading my blog! here is a purse hook "in action": http://fussandfutz.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-thinkknow-i-can.html and here is the stitchwork i did for them: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_igDOPdG92E0/SM4DuAFSY7I/AAAAAAAAAxM/TeWW_J7uj50/s1600-h/2008-09-15.jpg