November 6, 2008

Tiny Canvases

I'm still stitching for purse hooks. Here I go again, still trying to maximize my earning potential by making as many as humanly possible before next Friday's private luncheon. Lest ye forget, the stitching area is 1.25" round. Maybe it looks bigger, but that's allowance to turn the fabric under for a clean edge. If you knew how much time it takes to embellish (up to 2 hours), you'd call me crazy to price them so low. The task master and slave laborer are one and the same in my studio!

Hand-dyed silk ribbon and seed beeds on vintage 1960s Hong Kong silk brocade...
Chirimen kimono scrap with ribbon and seed beads... The gold beeds are supposedly 14k gold lined -- who really knows? I stitched these beads into the hem of my wedding gown for a luxurious finish.

More of the same vintage kimono scrap...

New Chinese silk brocade, a scrap from sewing my wedding gown, with perle cotton embroidery thread and 14k gold lined beads...

No comments: