January 6, 2009

Lingering Cold

Bloggers who go on and on about health issues aren't my cup of tea, so I won't be whining here!

I forgot to mention: during THIS party, my gift was a Secret Keeper doll. Cousin Brenda recognized it immediately and snapped it up (it wasn't wrapped), but not before my Uncle/her dad, grabbed it by the hair and tossed it aside! Bren temporarily lost the doll to someone else, but she rolled a 7 or 11 and reclaimed it.

I used to hear that satin pillow cases kept one from having serious bed-hair upon waking, but I never believed it. After the first night at my sister's home during Christmas, my morning coiffure caused her a great deal of fright. She loaned me a satin pillow case and, whadya know, my hair didn't look so scary the next morning! I promptly bought two of my own.

This is my (and my sister's) new BFF. I am IN LOVE. The funny thing is I didn’t know I "needed" it until my sister and I went shopping. She’d been wanting an iPod and we were at the Apple store to buy it. She said, “Laur, check this out!” and we left the store, one for each of us. When we got home, Tien asked her a bunch of questions. I pulled mine out and said, “Here, play with mine!” Apple-lover that he is was happily-shocked that I bought it, and without consulting him first like I usually do. He has enjoyed setting up the techy stuff for me -- it feels like WE got a gift! Now I can’t put it down. I carry it from room to room. It has a TON of great apps (applications) and I don’t even use it for music, although my brother Russ gave me 6.6 gigs. I can check all my email accounts without typing in passwords FROM BED UNDERNEATH THE COVERS!! Oh, and don’t even get me started on the free games, plus all the books from Project Gutenberg that I can read on it. iPod Touch, I love u!

No comments: