March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Uncle!

This is Gary as a teenager. Cool photograph, right? I'll bet my Dad took this. Gary is Dad's younger brother, which makes him my uncle. Today Gary celebrates his 80th year. Cousin Bren reports that the party they threw for him this past weekend (which Tien and I missed) was fun and low key, and that reaching 80 is an accomplishment all on its own. I agree! To a really wonderful man, Happy Birthday, Uncle Gary.

I ran the woolen fibers under the felting needles and the result is quite flat. I am enjoying the colors. I like the hole I made in it too. This textile has shrunken to 9.5"x14".


What do you think of this variegated yarn? I'm going to make lots of tiny running stitches in the textile and then felt it too.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I can't wait to see it in person.