April 6, 2009

Not So Fast!

The scarf is slow to knit, but enjoyable just the same. While knitting it, my thoughts are already on the next one: use larger needles and work in stockinette stitch.

I took another look at the decoupaged picture frame of the previous post. Hmm, I don't think it's quite done yet.

You see, I found a book I didn't know I had (as in "Where'd this come from?" -- a sign of too many possessions) and have been reading it this weekend. It's a really lovely book which includes guest artists Laurie Mika, who I know from Carmel Valley Artists and Talmadge Art Show, and Judy Wise, an artist and blogger who I follow. The author, Kelly Rae Roberts, is telling me to pay attention to the whispers. The whispers are getting louder and louder, and the acrylic art inks have come out of the cabinet. What's next?!

The frame is calling for another layer or two.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I knew that title was familiar, I assumed I was with you when you bought it, but, I was just cleaning off the coffee table and discovered I have this book too! How funny, I remember now I bought it just before I went on vacation.