May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo!

Hard glass and metal with soft yarn -- the balance is nice. I hope my customers think so too when I sell these pins at the Bernardo Winery Art & Craft Fair this weekend. Will you be there?

My skills are not where I want them to be in the soldering department, but my coaches, Terri "Solder Teacher" Brush and "robinann41" on eBay, are only an email away. Both have been providing much needed guidance on this new-to-me craft.

The copper tape lifted from the heat of the soldering iron. In desperate attempts to press them back down, I've got a sore left thumb nail. I also have a bruised spirit from trying so hard and not doing as good a job as I'd like. It'll come; it'll come...

I felt better after making bows from yarn and sewing them to the jump rings soldered on top. Working with yarn -- now that's something I can do!

I keep telling myself to stay with what I know (textiles), but there's so much to learn! At least with collage work the learning curve was not as steep.

No comments: