May 26, 2009

Family Ties

Tien and I had such fun this weekend visiting my Mom's side of the family. We haven't seen most of them since our wedding and the visit was long overdue. Sharing stories from our past, revealing new tidbits, catching up to the present, and meeting the small children of my cousins... all in honor of little Meridith's first birthday -- I loved it! This picture was taken by cousin Wendy in her mom's beautiful garden. Ten other cousins (plus their SOs and kids) weren't able to join us.

This rose-colored silk rag basket is coming along nicely. My hand hurts, so a rest may be in order.

Two Chinese-Americans of note have passed. Him Mark Lai, who I am proud to call my teacher, was 83. Benjamin Chinn, a photographer who documented my beloved San Francisco, Chinatown in striking black and white, was 87.

No comments: