October 10, 2009

Hi, remember me?

The sewing room remodel is still going on. The intended color, White Solitude, which went onto the walls of the studio was beautiful, but I ended up asking the painter to go over it with Bleached Sand instead. It a little bit warmer and you can see the difference in contrast to the closet.

I have a small collection of Chinese sewing baskets. They were made during the early part of 1900s and were meant for the export market. It's appropriate that I collect them, being American-born Chinese and a seamstress, but also because I'm the granddaughter of immigrants who made the crossing during that period. I found this little basket in an antique store in Solana Beach. It's the tiniest one I have at about 5" across. I love the Peking glass beads too.

No comments: