March 19, 2010

Terrariums

Well, it certainly has been a long time, hasn't it? Sometimes I go into a creative slump... I'm starting to come out of it now. Sometimes these slumps find their way in and, the very thing that normally helps me feel better (creating), is the biggest thing that goes away. The coming of Spring helps a lot.

I placed these items in glass containers in this order:
1. Small stones, for drainage
2. Charcoal, to absorb the smell of decay
3. Sphagnum moss, soaked in water and squeezed
4. Soil
5. Plants, moss, lichens

I'm not great with living plants but I'm going to try hard here. I found an Etsy seller I like and bought supplies, although they haven't arrived yet. Her website is very good too.

I don't know how long these will last because our black kitty Magellan thinks he's a cow (eats live greenery). So far, so good. If the charcoal has any scent to a cat, it may be keeping him away too.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Yay, you're back!!