September 23, 2010

Nantucket Mermaid

A few days ago I met Jeanne van Etten, an artist on Nantucket island in Massachusetts. Inside her tiny shop I was surrounded with artistic doodles and a playful color sense -- I felt as if I were dancing on a wedding cake! If I had a shop, I'd want it to be as enchanting as Jeanne's. (The picture is extra-large so you can see all the treasures -- just click on it.)

Jeanne's business cards at the visitor's center are also a work of art. I knew right away it was a place I wanted to visit. In case you can't get to Nantucket, visit Jeanne's Etsy shop and keep up with her on her blog.

2 comments:

Nantucket Mermaid said...

Thanks, Lauren! It was so nice to meet you .Hope you'll get out here again soon and go to all of the thrift shops! :)----<

Nancy said...

Looks like a great shop!