After reading the (simple) instructions, I began cutting at 1:30p and, by 6:30, the quilt top was done. It's small, 34" x 36", but the speed with which I cranked out the tumblers was extraordinary! A few thoughts: Fabric gets wasted, although not a lot; I didn't iron out folds before cutting; two or three layers is my favorite amount to cut; the cutting mat gets pretty chewed up; the cut pieces are exactly the same size and piece together beautifully. This project is also the first top I've made on the Featherweight.
I am coveting the apple core, although it will be hard to decide which one to buy. Tumblers and apple cores will make great backgrounds for art stitching I envision on the surface.