The tumblers quilt in the previous post was a blunder. What was I thinking when I decided to leave out the yellow blocks? Blue and red was terribly dull, so the yellow border was cast aside for something else. I donated the tumblers-blunder top to Rosie's Calico Cupboard.
I'm still working with tumbler blocks, only these are smaller at 3" and cut from shibori-dyed silk, and I'm sewing the rows. Silk behaves differently from quilting cotton, to say the very least! Shown here is 1/3 of the wall hanging. The door is closed to keep kitties from chasing their tails on the floor where the blocks are laid out. Sewing silks on a bias edge is challenging to say the least, so I'm giving myself plenty of leeway so I'll stay calm. After a few rows, I started to enjoy the careful work. It's not so tedious after all.
Please note I've added a subscription function to my blog (sidebar, upper right). No more checking for updates because you can follow by email! Have a good weekend.