April 13, 2013

Bookstring Assembly


Bookstrings save our places in books made of paper.  There are still 15 more to put together.


These old Peking glass teardrops came with metal sleeves embellished with snips of Kingfisher bird feathers.  I sealed the feathers so they would not come off.  This required taking apart each bead, as the metal wire holding the three pieces together was old and brittle.


Peking glass teardrop beads are now secure and ready to become one end of each bookstring.


These dark stained bamboo pieces were joined together to make a placemat.  I took the placemat apart, drilled a hole in the top, collaged images and quotes from classic literature, then waxed each one for protection.  One will hang at the other end of each bookstring.



With all my ducks in a row, I can begin assembling.  I see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Finished bookstrings will be for sale at the two shows listed on my sidebar.  I am taking pre-orders now ($20 each, plus shipping).  Any remaining after the Spring shows will be listed in my online shop.

No comments: