May 7, 2015

All the Latest

Woah, it's been five months since I was here.  Since then, we've had Christmas, a new year, a new Chinese year, my birthday and, yes, another Talmadge Art Show, which means Mother's Day is very soon.  I don't have any further shows scheduled yet, but plan to.

My gratitude and thanks to everyone who came out for Talmadge and found us in the new location at Liberty Station's Convention Center.  The lighting in the building is not as bright as in the Event Center, but we made do with what we had.  Here's an image of the room, with my booth in gold/yellow, among 70+ other artists.  Gosh, there's a lot of interesting work out there!


I've been working on small, pleated, shibori-dyed pieces.  These became brooches and necklaces, and were well received at the show.  I was inspired by Eva of Tinctory who allowed me kind permission to base my new work on hers.  Mine are similar to her work, but different.  If you have not discovered Tinctory, I recommend a visit to this immaculately groomed blog. 

Other goodies I'm working on are tassels for fine bookstrings.  You'll find examples in my shop.  Stay tuned -- kimono and shibori silk rag baskets could be making a comeback too.



1 comment:

Ommi said...

Hi there. Do you have any book strings with the Peking glass drops available? Very interested. Thank you.